Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!!!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!! I hope you all enjoy a restful day with fun and fireworks.... we don't have much planned. I don't want to spend the day outdoors doing the normal fourth stuff. I would rather just rest. But we will certainly have fun with Mr. B.
Weekly www.babycenter.com update - 38
weeks - How your baby's growing: Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs
between 6 and 7 1/2 pounds (boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls), and
she's nearly 20 inches long. She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to
test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are
ready for life outside the womb.Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be?
You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll
likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may
stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.
That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more
pigment in the months after she's born, but they won't get "lighter" or more
blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue
eyes.)


Was hoping to see some progress over night, I ate eggplant parmesan for dinner to see if it might kick start some contractions (old wives tale). Still can't do the spicy foods which is really supposed to help. Walking hasn't done the trick either!!!! I realize that I technically still have 11 days left until my due date...so if the average delivery is around 41 weeks, I am still looking at over two weeks :(!!!

Had a doc appointment on Monday. Have progressed to 2.5 cm dilated, so things are happening. Sometimes I think my doc is just trying to make me feel better.....so he's lying to me. I gained 3 pounds, which puts me back up to about 25 lbs gained. My doc suggested 27 so I am doing ok. I had also just eaten lunch (chinese food) about an hour before my appointment.

Anyway, BG is hanging in there. I am feeling good, only working short days and trying to take it easy. It's working at least to keep me from being totally exhausted. Mr. B is out of school for the holiday the whole week, he spent the day with MB yesterday. They went to his favorite place "chickforlay" and to the "black playground."

BG's nursery is done and GORGEOUS!!!! I don't have pics ready yet to post but I will put them up soon. All the furniture from Mr. B's nursery is in there, but decor and colors are totally different. It is amazing...not too baby girl, will definitely grow with her as she gets older. Mom did a great job!!!!

So, other than sitting here on my butt wondering when baby is coming...we've got our bags packed, baby clothes washed, work stuff settled, etc. It's been a busy nine months...time to enjoy her!!! COME SOON BG!!! WE ARE READY!

HAVE A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY!!! Check back soon for updates.

No comments: