Sunday, May 20, 2007

32 Weeks...YEA!

I'll start off with something funny...Mr. B used to tattletale A LOT, and we have tried to get him out of it, which has been working. If he isn't bleeding and someone didn't hurt him, then he's not supposed to tell. So today my friend "Marcheen" is in town (we'll get to that in a moment) and he decides to tell on one of us, not sure I remember who. But anyway, he says I'm telling.....Marcheen says "Telling who" and Mr. B says, "No Marcheen, I'm NOT telling Knock Knock jokes!!!!" That was a laugh out loud moment.

So yesterday, my staff decided to have a little surprise shindig to welcome BG and pamper mommy a little. Lo and behold, they tricked me!!!! I have been a big blabber mouth about NOT having a shower this time, since this is our second baby and we have been blessed by so many with Mr. B, we truly have such a great support group. So, as frustrated as my friends may have been, I demanded NO SHOWER!!!! My dear friend Jill who is expecting also, asked me to go see a house with her, and as we were pulling up the road...there in the middle of Nicky's yard was a huge red sign with pink balloons attached that said "It's A Baby Shower" on it! Good job leading the way Jill!!! I must say I was quite shocked to walk into a group of my dear friends, including Marcheen who had flown in from Philly, who were there to "shower" me with love and good company. It was nice to see the girls...thanks to Brooke, Marcheen, Tiff, Anne, Suz, Nicky, Jill and Terri (and Mallory, Ethan and Mr. B) for making my weekend a little brighter! I sure felt loved, and after all was thrilled that they all wanted to take time out of their busy lives to spend a couple hours with me. What a great surprise!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

32 Weeks - babycenter.com update:

How your baby's growing: By now, your baby probably weighs almost 4 pounds
and is almost 17 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. She has
tiny toenails now, and her fingernails have grown in, too. Some babies have a
head of hair already; others have only peach fuzz.

Right now, MB and I are cracking up at my lopsided belly as I sit here and type this. She obviously has found a warm spot and decided to stay there. According to the Ultrasound tech, she's head down on the left side of my belly, booty above my bellybutton, feet towards the bladder...which she happens to be pressing on RIGHT NOW! OUCH! But she sits for long periods of time and makes the left side protrude just a little bit farther out from the right.

You know, I must get a little sentimental for a moment. There is one thing I love about pregnancy....I love the fact that she and I are (or Mr. B and I were) in constant awareness of each other. That for a few brief moments, no one else is experiencing what I am with this child in my belly. Selfish?...nah, I think it is absolutely what makes a child/mom bond so strong. After 9 months of knowing that you are "everything" to this little being, it makes you want to live up to so much more once they get here. It is the coolest thing I have ever experienced...and I wish for all of my friends that they will have that opportunity too. AMAZING.

Off to bed....it seems as though things aren't getting any more relaxed, only worse until her due date!!! I think I am working harder than I ever have in my life, but I feel like suddenly I have more purpose than I ever have, and am extremely content with all aspects of my job! It is certainly a nice feeling that I am accomplishing something!

Good night all...my posts may be sparse for the next few weeks, but if something blog worthy happens, you'll be sure to know!!!! Love to each of you!

No comments: