Monday, May 7, 2007

30 weeks!!! 10 to go...

From www.babycenter.com:
How your baby's growing: Your baby's a bit more than 15 1/2
inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of
amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets
bigger and fills out your uterus. Her eyes open and close, she's able to
distinguish between light and dark, and she can even follow a light source
back and forth. Once she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part
of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but
will have a visual acuity of only 20/400 — which means she can only make out
objects a few inches from her face. ("Normal" vision in adults is
20/20.)

On to more things....Mr. B is doing well. He's been really happy now that Daddy is home! And continues to be excited about BG too. I continue to amaze myself at how extremely HUGE I am getting...I mean, I KNOW I was huge with Mr. B, but COME ON!!!! This is HUGE huge. I really think this baby is going to be a toddler when she's born. Hmmm, wouldn't that be interesting.

Mr. B decided to do his rounds and give me a check up. He whips my shirt up to expose the huge belly, checks the baby with his stethoscope and sticks his finger in my belly button. I guess he could hear better that way. I asked him "B, what did you find out?" He walks over to the chair, and says, "Mommy, you need a pillow." Sweet thing brings me a pillow and props my head up. He definitely has a career in medicine some day....

My friend KP is in town working. She's in Philly now and it is always great to see her. Mr. B loves her, calls her Marcheen (long story). He's done his best to entertain us all with his antics. We love it!

Anyway, off to dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!!! I have some funny pics to post next time. I will do that soon! TAKE CARE!!!!!! 69 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!



No comments: