Sunday, April 22, 2007

BG's namesake...

2nd post of the night.....

Went to visit MB's grands today, Grandma and Papaw. Now Grandma hasn't been in the best physical health lately, she broke her hip earlier this year, but she's doing just great! And Papaw takes good care of her and she's a feisty one at that!!! She's not one to stay in one place long...definitely doesn't want to be tied down!!! They love ol' Mr. B, and of course he has to entertain while he's there. And they have a little tiny dog, Badger, who would rather die than have Mr. B play with him...... But they don't mind him...

Now mind you, these two have five kids between them, 9 grandkids, if I counted them all correctly, and with BG in July, will have 9 greatgrands!!! We love them dearly, and don't see enough of them while they only live 30 minutes from us...

So grandma isn't one to hide her feelings. The whole family knows that.... So here I was sitting with them, thought I would tell them BG's name. Since Grandma's middle name is Elizabeth and although we liked it before, when we found out that it belonged to this special lady, we stuck with it....And I said "Hey Grandma we picked a name....Carleigh Elizabeth!" She looks at me and says "I always hated that name, my mother used to call me Elizabeth!!!" OH WELL! SO MUCH FOR SENTIMENTALITY!!! I am sure she was pleased regardless...and this, my dear friends, is why I love Grandma so much!

Good night all!!! And don't forget to follow with the zoo post below....I just posted twice today!

No comments: