Sunday, March 11, 2007

Playing hookey!

Mr. B has decided to play hookey today...In reality, he's playing hockey on his Buzz Lightyear Air Hockey game, but he's calling it hookey. We've been lazy for the last two weeks so today we've been picking up around the house a little, doing the dishes and laundry and so forth, getting ready for MB/Dad to come home tomorrow.

Lordy I can't wait!!! I have been in pain on and off for the last two weeks, BG is in my ribcage and it hurts so badly. I think I am carrying very differently than with Mr. B. My hip is starting to pop whenever I am walking around and it just doesn't feel good. So having him home will help out greatly. Poor Mr. B must think his mommy is a sloth. Yesterday, I laid on the couch all day snoozing off and on while Mr. B played with his toys and watched TV. Unfortunately, sometimes you just need those days. Not only have I been hurting, but work has been CRAZY! My favorite time of year though at work, because my days fly by!

We did manage to get away from the house yesterday for a while. Mr. B and I went to get dog food and I promised him if he was a good boy at the store he could get a milkshake at our favorite milkshake-getting place. While we were there, I watched two carhops collide! It was kind of funny. I had just recently had a discussion with a my friend JV who works right next to the place that it is a great passtime that he and his coworkers have on rainy days to watch the roller skating carhops bite the dust...our own OR version of roller derby!!! HA HA. So I immediately texted him that I was privileged enough to see this on a bright sunny day. Just a disclaimer -- no one was hurt!!!!

Anyway, as we were leaving the milkshake-getting place, Mr. B says "Momma did you get Daddy a milkshake?" Meanwhile, Daddy is in VA working, and has been crazy busy the last month or so preparing for three consecutive shows. I think I almost felt a tear coming on. The other morning when Mr. B got in bed with me, he reached over and patted the comforter and said "Is my Daddy in there? I want him to play with me." So sweet, but just breaks your heart too. But again, Daddy will be home tomorrow! YEA! This is really the only time of year that his schedule is so crazy, and Mr. B is used to his normal 24 hour schedule, so excess tends to get to him.

Well, off to play with Mr. B...making up for lost time yesterday!!! Enjoy the beautiful weekend.

No comments: