Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to me...

Greetings everyone!

What a great weekend...my parents were in town for a few days, along with my sis. Whether or not they were in specifically for my birthday or not, I don't know but I like to lie to myself and think that it was the ONLY reason they wanted to come in...ha ha! We had a short but wonderful visit. Mr. B actually behaved himself this time (we had a rough go of things in Jan when I took him to their house).

Sunday was my birthday and when I told Mr. B that my birthday was that day his only concern was if I was going to have cake or not. He thought I deserved a pretty orange and red one. Well, I finally got cake on Monday!!! NR in my office baked me a yummy red velvet cake! It was a wonderful few days around here...making turning old not so bad after all. My sis and I got to spend a great Sunday shopping for maternity clothes and enjoying each other's company. We laugh because since she moved three hours away, we see her all the time!!!!

SW, another friend of mine in the office thought it appropriate to bless me with a stuffed chicken, and a cute little outfit with a chicken on it (read my original posting about Mr. B's comment at the Ultrasound). I showed it to Mr. B and told him it was his baby. He plainly responded, "No that's not my baby, but I wish she would hurry up and get out of your belly so I could play with her." There's a lot of love now...so check back in a year or so and laugh out loud at the posts where they will be fighting like cats and dogs!!! Oh well, it is great while it lasts.

I went to see the Dr. today, or as my girlfriend JBL and I call him now, Lo Mac...long story...I have gained 2 more lbs, bringing the grand total up to 16. Not so bad for 24 weeks pg! I feel OK, except everything I eat makes me feel icky and it is so darn hot outside I just don't know how I am going to make it until July. Lo Mac checked the heartbeat and checked for a second heartbeat...so not funny because I think I might die if he found twins in there after all this time. But stranger things have happened right? However, I am pretty confident I don't have a thing to worry about!

So.....off for now! Thanks to all who blessed me with birthday wishes. I am so lucky to be celebrating another year with such great anticipation of things to come! Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather and getting all their winter clothes packed away. Check back soon....



No comments: