Thursday, March 1, 2007

Getting started...


Hi everyone! Most of you should already have heard that we are having a GIRL!! We are due sometime around July 15th and are thrilled that this will complete our little family. Although our four legged girl, Mattie, seems none-too-thrilled with the announcement. I have been saying all along that she seems to be a bit depressed these days. I think the puppy intuition is great, and she has been aware of what was happening. She protected Mr. B when he came into her life, as I am sure he will do with Baby Girl (BG).

Anyway, so on Monday I went to my third dr's appointment. Things are looking good. The baby is about 12 oz, heartrate was 138. The Ultrasound tech showed us the chambers of the heart, legs and arms, brain...all the important stuff. Mr. B went with us and was a little confused. He couldn't really understand what was going on. So he sat in Daddy's lap and played with his cars.

The best comment of the day, which you can see in the U/S video because the screen starts jumping a little bit, was when Mr. B decided to put his two cents in. He said "Mommy, is that chicken?" I busted out laughing, along with the rest of the adults in the room.

Mr. B is awesome and he is really getting excited. He keeps asking me when his baby is going to get here so he can play. He's decided he needs to "knock taters" with her/BG every now and then. This is Daddy and his special game, basically like playing one potato two potato, only a little harder than the childhood game. I allow him to "knock taters" with her one time, then he's done. We have to teach him the art of being gentle!

I have wanted to post a blog for a long time...I am a writer at heart and don't get to do much of it anymore. One of my friends who is pregnant started one and I have enjoyed keeping up with her. So I thought I should start one too. This can at least keep the family up to date with our appointments and little details that we might forget to share otherwise. So keep checking back. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: