Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brrrrrrr....Today in History

Remember when it was 24 below zero here in 1985 on this day? I know its probably not true, but it's one of the only days I can remember that my Dad stayed home from work for a snow day. It was fun, if my memory serves me right. We huddled around the fire with lots of snacks and all of the blankets from every room around the house and huddled close together. We must have played cards and boardgames too, I vaguely remember that. What a day it was! I was 10!
So we actually had some snow this week...ok, yeah so -- that may not seem like a big deal to you, but here at home it's a HUGE deal, even though it was pretty pathetic as far as the amount...so don't laugh! So here are some photos from our fun day. Please don't mind BG's outfit -- LOL! I am cracking up and thinking, maybe that get up wasn't the best idea:










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's not fair for you to even call that snow! When you've had to dig your car out of its spot, dress in 10 layers, and your nose hairs freeze, then we'll talk! Oh, and don't forget the Boston winter initiation of slipping on the ice! Good times - wish you guys were here to see this SNOW!

JMS said...

Oh such fun!!! :)

TTFN
JMS

PS: I LOVE BG's outfit!