Sunday, September 28, 2008

Girlfriend Getaway...






So I have been in Beantown this weekend with my girl KP. We've had such a fab time...and yes, we DID got to the NKOTB concert on Friday night. OMG! It was so much fun. We laughed all night and decided that we felt like we were 15 again! It was a blast.

Although the rain hasn't stopped, we've been all over town enjoying this great city. My legs are aching from walking up and down the city streets but it has been wonderful...I should have been a city girl. However, I spot moms and their kidlets walking the streets, or catching the bus or T, decked in their rain coats, umbrellas and boots and think, could my kids do this? Probably not! KP's apartment is in Southie and is super nice, and the funny thing, her monthly payment is as much as my house payment! The unit below us is selling now, oh for about $100,000 more than what we paid for our house! So different!

We went to Hah-vahd yesterday, late, in the rain. Harvard Square is amazing and I found this wonderful Curious George store with all kinds of fabulous books for kids. All the favorites that I read when I was little were there: Ramona the Pest, SuperFudge, Neverending Story...plus all of my kids favorites GoodNight Moon, the Mr. Men series, and more. What a great place. Check out www.Curiousg.com. OH! And we so brought the IQ down while in Hah-vahd! Just like at home! HA HA.

I've learned the bus system and the T here, learned that in Boston, you just cross the street...because cars WILL stop for you, I've learned that everyone here is friendly...really they are!!! And I have also learned that there is nothing better than spending the weekend with an old friend...talking, laughing, learning her life here and meeting her friends, going to the places that she's always telling me about and enjoying the moments! It has been wonderful and I am so glad that I came.


So, I'm getting ready to get my stuff together and get to the airport. Can't wait til next time! KP - you have been a gracious host and I love you to pieces!!! COME VISIT SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, NKOTB...I don't think we can talk anymore. That is hilarious!!! Glad you had fun. Boston is an awe-some (trying to separate the "awe" from the "some" as a Bostonian would;) town:)