Sunday, July 6, 2008

Just call us lazy bones...

Well after a crazy but fun-filled holiday, the Brown clan (minus dad) slept LAAAATE and laid around all day today. What a day! Both kids woke up by 8:3o and were back asleep till well past 11:30 -- MAMA WAS HAPPY!!! That never happens anymore with BG who is our little morning glory! She's up between 6:45 -8:00 like clockwork.

I hope to post pics from our day yesterday, but I have to get them from the grands...We started the day off at the great-grands picking beautiful juicy blackberries from their patch. What fun! Even BG got in on the action! Mr. B had a blast and is going to take some of the pictures on his share day this week for people to see. He was very proud of himself.

BG was a trooper. Dinnertime is always tricky, obviously because the kiddos don't have patience to sit as long as us. But other than that, she was wide awake until we got to the car after the fireworks. HOLY COW -- could the OR fireworks have taken any longer?! We were cracking up because we know the guys who was shooting them off...and literally there was so much delay between them, he must be exhausted today because it seemed like he had to run for place to place to light them all...but we had fun. SO ANYWAY, BG was my biggest worry all week long. I was pretty tempted to keep her at home because I was afraid that it would be too loud or that it would scare her... she sat mesmorized the entire time, until the very end finale when everything went off at once.

So -- I am wide awake at well past midnight because I have had too much sleep..and been on laundry duty all day...yuck. It's rare that I feel so rested, but I do! YEA FOR ME!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the fireworks if you got to see them!

XOXO!

No comments: