Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

Happy Birthday Queenie!





-SIGH-




My dearest Carleigh -

I can't believe a year has gone.... July 23, 2007 seems like yesterday...
You are a sweet little girl who is the apple of mommy's eye.
I have loved watching you learn new things this year.
I love that you are my fabulous dancing buddy and
that you laugh hysterically at mommy, daddy and your brother.
I love that you are a lot like your brother and in many ways so different.
I love that you have come into the family like a bolt of lightening
and never cease to let everyone know it!
I love that silly smile with only half teeth coming in.
I love waving at you in the mornings while I make your ba-bee (bottle).
I love that you sing along with me "Dah -tee, da da da, dah - tee", when I sing your name.
I love that you are a tried and true Daddy's girl through and through,
just the way you should be.
I love the way you eat blueberries.
I love that you take your shoes off as soon as I put them on you.
I love that you look like me when I was little,
but have your Daddy's blonde hair and steel blue eyes.
I love the fact that you have hair!
I love the way Bryson sings you to sleep in the back of the car.
I love the way you needed to be a part of the "girls" at the beach in your own beach chair.
But most of all I am in love with the fact that you are mine...mine,
my sweet baby girl who I have long awaited for and am so happy to show the world to.
I love you, Mommy


Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! July 23 is a great day for a birthday, you and Michael will have so much fun today! Enjoy the day Katy, remember and cherish each and every moment! We love you all and miss you. Give Miss C a big birthday hug from me!!

Anne said...

Katy,
What a beautiful post for your beautiful little girl. She'll treasure that forever. I still can't believe it's been a year. Her happy-go-lucky demeanor and infectious grin have made me smile many, many times this year.

Happy Birthday, baby girl!!!

Love,
Auntie Anne

JMS said...

That was beautiful! Gosh - what a way to make me cry on a Wednesday morning!

It was fun to see you at Kohl's a few weeks ago and even more interesting that I recognized your kids before I saw you!

Let's get together sometime!

Happy Birthday to your sweet Carleigh!

JMS