Thursday, December 13, 2007

Things to remember this time of year...

I just got an email update from a friend who suffered from Breast Cancer this year. She's been through hell and back, but has risen above this and is doing great! In her journal from November, she posted this list.....I wanted to share it with you. Thanks KB for your words of inspiration, I hope you don't mind me sharing them with my family and friends.......


- Appreciate the simple things. I smiled today at seeing a small bunch of
black-eyed susans on the side of the road.
- We are all going to die some
day. I know this sounds morbid, but it’s true.
- I will never tell someone
again that they will be okay. That is something I don’t know. What I CAN tell
them is I will be there for them whenever they need me to help them through
their journey.
- People sometimes say hurtful things without meaning to.
Most of the time, people are trying to be nice and their words just come out
wrong.
- You can NEVER know exactly what someone is going through. An
empathetic ear is mostly what people want and need.
- I feel God’s presence
the strongest when I am in nature or surrounded by loving people.
- A day
when all I could do was walk to the garden can still be a good and happy day.
- It is OKAY to rest and not feel guilty! We all deserve downtime.
- Our
society is so rushed all the time. Now when I am in traffic and I see someone
yelling or honking their horn, I feel sad for them. What is everyone in such a
hurry about? All we have to do is get through life – and it’s much more fun to
smile than get angry.
- What we put into our bodies does matter.
- You
are never stuck somewhere (in a bad job, a house you don’t love, a toxic
relationship, etc.). You may have to stay somewhere a little longer than you
wish, but you always have a choice to leave or stay.
- Do what you love –
why waste time (and we can’t get it back) doing something that doesn’t give you
pleasure?
- Blessings are all around us, especially in the little things.
- Live simply. When we die, we can’t take the THINGS with us.
- Love
each other and tell each other!


To all my friends & family who keep up with this blog....thank you for being supportive, for loving me and my family, and for lending a listening ear when I need it. I love you all, and sometimes during this time of year, we often forget that there is more to this holiday season than giving gifts, getting the perfect Christmas picture, or making the perfect dish for a party....It's about embracing those you love and celebrating your faith, whatever it may be.

Love and Happiness!!! From me to you......

No comments: